Monday, January 30, 2006

"AVENGE ME!"

What else did I do this weekend?

Hit Kat's birthday party on Saturday, which was delightful. Ran into a few Oxy people that I don't see that often (although have seen recently) like Nelson and Angela. I had a few beers, which hit me pretty hard since I hadn't had dinner, and then Asa, Doug, Trumbo and I headed back to Hollywood to catch The Room. The Room is not an experience I can really put into words. There's lot of yelling at the screen and throwing of plastic spoons and each month you let slip by where you have not seen The Room is a month full of untapped potential. Of course Asa, Liz and I split a bottle of whiskey before and during the movie so I fell asleep before the end. I caught most of it, though. But I'll probably have to return.

Earlier that day Emory, Matt, Paul and I watched Red Dawn. Wow, that movie's something else. Remember kids, if Russians and Cubans suddenly parachute into your neighborhood, hide up in the hills and fight them with guerilla tactics, just like Swayze and Sheen! You just might get to like killing! And I mean REALLY like it! Take this fun exchange, as Swayze prepares to execute a Russian prisoner his ragtag team has taken:

Prisoner: "This violates the Geneva Convention!"
Swayze: "I never heard of it!"

Also, how funny would it have been if in Soul Man C. Thomas Howell just played his character from Red Dawn?

"All that hate of affirmative action's gonna burn you up, kid."
"It keeps me warm."

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

It should be pointed out that Red Dawn was actually viewed on Sunday before going to Adam's for hot video game action

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff's weekend claims are full of holes!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh right. It was Sunday. We watched it instead of having an Atrox meeting, when 1/3 of the Team decided not to attend. Now I remember.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Awwwwww, snap!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Something interesting is how most of Red Dawn takes place in the middle of winter in the mountains, but it never really snows. It only frosts.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home