Monday, January 23, 2006

Happenings and goings-on

A brief recap of the weekend:

Friday night Adam, Liz, Mike, Paul, and Aimee came over for yet more hot "Apples to Apples" action. I couldn't catch any decent cards and lost by, like, a million. Plus Adam and Mike helped me put our DVDs in order. Yet another task down! After games, we watched Emory's newly acquired copy of Kickboxing Academy, a movie that's incredibly bad for many reasons, the most icky being that the romantic leads in the movie are brother and sister in real life. Oh my God that's gross. But the movie is bad in oh-so-many delightful ways. Then we made Mike and Aimee watch The Code because you haven't really lived until you've watched The Code.

Saturday during the day Team Atrox got together and shot a new video short, uh, I mean, "patched together Atrox webcam footage." Ah, hell. Now your suspension of disbelief is totally shattered. It went really well, considering how little we had actually thought the bit out. Plus it is cool when Leslie agrees to be on camera.

That night I went to Doug's birthday party at the Blu Monkey, a Hollywood bar I'd never been to. It was cool, except the music was waaaay too loud, especially considering there wasn't really anywhere to dance. But I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in awhile, so that was nice. And I was doing fine in the drinking department too, until Meredith suggested shots of Grey Goose. As has been documented, I have a problem turning down girls who want to drink heavily with me. I am a SUCKER. I admit it. And Goose is so damn good. So anyway, I got trashed and passed out in Cafe 101 after the party. Frank drove me and several others home but then he got pulled over by the biggest jerk cop on the planet. I think the cop just wanted to see if Frank was drunk, but he was an enormous prick about it. Actual quote: "You think I won't pull you over because you're from Kansas? Are you related to Dorothy?" What a douche.

Sunday was more Atrox stuff, all damn day, but it was okay because the short is funny and I wasn't hung over even a little bit.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time we should play a game that's not Apples to Apples, which seems to suffer from the law of diminishing returns. Unless we can somehow get a whole bunch of new cards for it.

Mike

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Atmosfear is so on.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I think at least five of us were passing out at Cafe 101, which I think is kind of sweet. I could imagine someone watching all our heads suddenly bob up and down, catching ourselves from falling asleep for too long.

And that cop is a fuckhole. Wow. Frank didn't get a ticket or anything, did he? I'm sure the pig just has it in for the midwest.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think he would have given me a ticket if I answered "actually yes, my grandma's name is Dorothy"

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Maybe. He seemed the type. Although a ticket for what, we don't know. As Frank said, "It's like he couldn't believe someone would turn in front of him."

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home