Monday, March 13, 2006

Birthday weekend

Not my birthday, mind you, but seemingly everyone else's on planet Earth.

Friday night Paul and I headed over to Kenneth and Krysta's place for the Kenneth/Jesse/Anne-Elisa collective birthday spectacular. It was fun. Um, not really much else to report, I guess. Oh, Doug's version of Disco Whiskey is not up to snuff. Or so I was told.

For some reason I woke up at 8:30 AM the next morning and COULD NOT GO BACK TO SLEEP. This was after going to bed drunk at 2:30 AM. What the hell, body? I actually felt okay the whole day, but man. It's the weekend! Let me sleep!

During the day Saturday Paul and I (y'know, I spent the whole damn weekend with Paul, it seems) went to Hollywood Toy and Costume to complete our outfits for the 2nd birthday party of the weekend. Whitney had a 20's-themed party at this karaoke place on Sawtelle and it was WICKED AWESOME. The ladies of 952 rented out a whole karaoke room for the shindig so it was just a constant stream of delight. My throat is still sore, actually. The weird part about that party was that I barely spoke to anyone. I was always singing or someone else was singing or we were occasionally all singing together, but I exchanged maybe 20 words with everyone there. Still, when you've got a room of 12 people or so all belting out "Midnight Train to Georgia," it's hard to say that it's not a good time. One might even be inclined to say it was WICKED AWESOME, if one were inclined to use New Kids on the Block slang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home