Monday, July 17, 2006

Sleep = stupid

If you know me, you probably know that I have a grudge against sleep. The vast majority of people I know think I am crazy for thinking this. So here's a bit about what sleep is like for me. Mostly I don't remember my dreams, so most nights sleeping is like a really long blink. Blink! Eight hours are gone! Magic! On the rare occasions that I do remember my dreams, they fall into two categories.

1) Dream where something awesome happens - wake up to find that dream was not real and am disappointed and depressed.

2) Dream where something horrific happens - wake up distressed, disturbed, and/or depressed. Seriously, the other night I woke from a nightmare and my stomach was in knots.

I'm also bad at sleeping with others. There's always the old "what to do with your other arm" problem, but I also snore and have been known to talk and/or move around or kick in my sleep. I am, in short, a poor bed companion. You do me no favors, sleep. I wish you weren't required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home