Monday, August 07, 2006

Softball!

If it's so low impact, why do my legs hurt so much today?

We had a delightful Begum softball game this weekend and I had a really great time, despite the fact that my team got thoroughly trounced (one could say that the teams were a mite uneven). We actually didn't do too badly at first, but as the game went on the score gap increasingly widened. I'm glad it wasn't a slaughter from minute one. I was sort of worried it would be.

I played center field for the whole game, and had to do a bit of running around, since there were some power hitters on the other side. I didn't have any spectacular catches or anything, but I don't think I embarassed myself, at least not anymore than anyone else on my team. I got a few hits. John was probably our MVP since he pitched the whole game and struck out a bunch of folks.

Anyway, everyone had a good time and we're definitely going to do it again. I think now that we know what everyone's capable of, the teams will be a bit more even. But whatever. I just like playing.

1 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

Dude! Seriously! My legs! ...and arms and wrists. mostly legs though. how did that happen?

now that it's cooled off, i need to start doing runyan again. when i'm healthy. so soon.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home