Tuesday, August 01, 2006

From the faceless corporate entity that brought you...

So all the ads for The Descent say "From the studio that brought you Saw and Hostel and all the Accepted ads say "From the studio that brought you American Pie."

What the hell? When did that become acceptable?

I thought the ad people were pushing it when they cited same producers, but at least those are actually PEOPLE, and not nebulous corporate concerns.

It's just going to get to the point where every movie is like "From the nation that brought you Titanic and Star Wars..."

UPDATE: The Onion AV Club beat me to this by a few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

I totally agree - I mean, I know some companies are niche markets, but i don't think the studio that brought you American Pie is one of those.

Plus i think it works against Descent since I heard Saw and Hostel are mediocre gratuitous violence/gore-fests. I heard the Descent is actually good.

Why not just say- a big hit at the LA Film Festival and then some good quotes? i get that they are trying to have a 'name' for a 'nameless' film, but referring to a studio doesn't work.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home