Thursday, August 03, 2006

The "USA Up All Night" of superhero comics

That is what I once dubbed the totally-90's Image series Gen13 back in high school. Now you too can live the "adventure", since Chris Sims has kindly (and hilariously) broken down everything you need to know about your favortie Gen-active teens.

Part 1
Part 2

I'm sure I'm the only person I know who finds this funny, and that's probably because I actually bought Gen13 for a few years there in the 90's, when I would buy absolutely anything. Anyone who tells you superhero comics were good in the 90's simply can't be trusted.

(For those of you out of the loop, USA: Up All Night was a show from the early-to-mid 90's that was on very late on (what else?) the USA network, where they would just show edited softcore movies like Ski School or Private School and the like. It was often hosted by Gilbert Gottfried. It was a God-send to young boys who had cable but not any premium movie channels.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Alan said...

Rhonda Sheer

12:39 PM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

Yeeaaaahhh.. Whenever I reference USA Up All Night I do it in Rhonda's voice. I think I watched way more of that show than any adolescent girl should have.

Although I remember Gilbert being the host half the time, I just associate Rhonda's rack with the content so much more.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Chris Sims said...

I actually used to love USA Up All Night, but I'd never made the connection with Gen13. You know what, though?

It totally works.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home