Friday, September 22, 2006

Video Games... LIVE!

The concert's title really just makes me think of those old Sesame Street stage shows. Do they still do those? Probably.

So a group of us hit up the Hollywood Bowl last night to see the Video Games Live concert. It was a good time, even though I hadn't actually played most of the games featured, since I'm so out of touch with the kids these days. But they did have the old classics like Zelda and Mario and the like. And at one point the MC asked Tim Schafer to come out on stage, and Schafer introduced this four-man band who were the original music team for LucasArts and they busted out some music from Outlaws and Grim Fandango, and concluded with the theme from Monkey Island, so that was worth every penny I paid to get in. Now I really want to replay those games, but I would need to download Monkey Island (meaning I could only play it on Emory and Leslie's computer) and my copy of Grim Fandango is corrupted. Curse you, cruel fates!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, you can borrow my Monkey Island Madness CD if you want.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I have the Monkey Island Madness CD. It does not work on my computer.

Oooh, but I bet Curse of Monkey Island does!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home