Friday, January 26, 2007

Quick hits

It's possible that, in purely creative terms, Epic Movie is the nadir of modern cinema. To put it another way, I turn it over to Emory Herbertson: "I think I would rather have to commit a murder than see Epic Movie." You heard it here first, folks.

Just because I can't stand Dreamgirls doesn't mean I hate musicals. Just like how if I don't like How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days it doesn't mean I hate all romantic comedies. It's just that 95 percent of both of those genres are crappy. Sorry.

I got a new desk. Well, it's not new. In fact, Paul has had sex on it. But still, desk. My room is at last complete. Now maybe I'll work on getting my computer up to snuff, like having working internet again. Wouldn't that be something?

Comics people, Casanova is the best new title of 2006. The 7th issue is out in February and the first trade comes soon after that. Buy it.

On another note, Nextwave #11 might just be the perfect comic book. There are six, count 'em, SIX two-page fight spreads, and they are all excellent. Much has been made online about the MODOK Elvises, but I was partial to the Cyclops Brontasauruses, myself.

24 is great. It's so nice to say those words and mean it.

This is my first post on the new Blogger. You can tell, can't you?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone had sex on an Ikea desk that's still standing.

Psst. Where did you put that Nextwave? Tell me now or I'll go rooting through your room.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Knowing Paul, the sex couldn't have been more than a minute.

Hey-O!

(Cue Aimee with some ribald statement)

In other news, Nextwave is in the pile of comics on the table right next to my bed. It's got the Civil War parody cover with Machine Man holding a sign that reads "Mark Millar licks goats." I actually had to pay $4 for it because it sold out everywhere, possibly because people are stupid and thought it was really involved with Civil War. So treat it nice. Anyway, it's great. Too bad next issue's the last one.

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you intended your full review to read: "Casanova: the best new movie of 2005 is now the best new comic of 2006."

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home