Thursday, January 04, 2007

Clash of the titans

How big is 2007 going to be, movie-wise? I mean, look at this release list.

If you've seen me out and about, I've probably been up in your face about how 2007 will be the "Summer of Three-quels," what with Spide-Man, Shrek, Pirates, and Ocean's 13. But get this: there are two more three-quels I didn't even know about! The Bourne Ultimatum (Yaaaaaaay!) and Rush Hour 3 (Boooooooooooo!) And as for more sequels, there's a fourth entry (Die Hard) and a fifth entry (Harry Potter). Oh, and Transformers (I won't lie to you, the trailer where you actually see the robots gets me hot). People, that is NUTS.

Why didn't anyone tell me that they're making a Dark Is Rising movie? I loved those books when I was a kid (they sit on my shelf to this day). It's written by John Hodge, who wrote one great movie (Trainspotting) and several terrible movies. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, that and The Golden Compass will have to slug it out for my Young Adult fantasy love.

It seems Helen Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen have been added to the cast of the Burton/Depp Sweeney Todd. To think, a movie musical I might actually LIKE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home