Thursday, October 07, 2004

Finally!

Okay, X-Factor essay is finally up. I considered abandoning it several times, but figured I should just put the damn thing up. Check it out if you're into that sort of thing. It's a bit of a mess. But it's done, damn it. I'm planning to do more of these review-y types of essays. Hopefully one a week from now on. I'm definitely going to address Spider-Man 2099 and The Ray (the one DC book I've ever loved) in future installments.

I briefly considered doing essays entitled "Comics I Have Loathed." I would review stuff like Liefeld's X-Force or "Maximum Carnage" in the Spider-Man books. One would most certainly have been Chuck Austen's run on Uncanny X-Men, but then I realized I could never best Paul O'Brien's reviews in critisizing Austen. The best line:

"Imagine a terrifying window into a dark world of anti-talent."

That's just pure gold, people. Seriously, if you want to be amused, just scroll through O'Brien's reviews of Austen's Uncanny issues, particularly the "She Lies With Angels" arc. The reviews of those five issues are some kind of masterpiece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home