Monday, November 08, 2004

Oh yeah, Halloween

Remember when I said I was going to write about Halloween like 500 times? Even though it's been over a week, I'm still going to write a little something. For posterity.

Daisy and I went over to Liz's house, which served as home base for our eventual assault on west Hollywood. Liz's costume kicked total ass, by the way. I wore my button proudly.

I went as The Prisoner (as played by Patrick Magoohan) from the 60's British series of the same name. I can count on one hand the number of people who got the reference. That's okay, though, it was easy to make and it was still a costume, which still puts me ahead of last year.

Asa was Clark Kent/Superman, except every other dude in west Hollywood was dressed as the same damn thing. If that doesn't call for a cage match, I don't know what does.

Trumbo was Ali G, and while there were indeed several other Ali Gs in WoHo, I think Trumbo took the cake. On Halloween, Trumbo turns Method. He WAS Ali G, goofy accent and poor grammer and everything, from the moment he got to Liz's. He even did the accent when I called him on my cell phone after the bazillionith time we lost track of him on Santa Monica Blvd. He was popular with everyone, though, so it didn't really get exasperating until the end of the night. But still, the man has cajones.

Um, I guess Doug and I lucked out and got Annyong T-shirts from these two burly NeverNudes. If you have to ask, you'll never know.

Some other stuff happened, I guess. Nothing really interesting springs to mind, though.

Talking about Halloween a week after the fact is like talking about the embarassing things you did at the party last night when you were sooooo wasted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Clearly to build a fervent fan base, I have to go out every night, get wasted, and then relate my exploits. Of course it would help if those who read this were actually involved in said exploits, so they could come to this site to gossip like a sewing circle. Who's with me? Come join my Drinking Man's Justice League of America!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Asa and Jeff are clearly going to make out and then stab each other.

Jeff, don't even pretend that the beautiful -- nay -- heavenly sight of me in my fashionable boxer-briefs on Halloween isn't etched in your memory for all time. Admit it, it was breathtaking.

*Stabs Jeff in eye with broken bottle*

12:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I meant to mention you and Trumbo winding up on "Best Damn Sports Show," but as you can tell my enthusiasm wound down as I was writing.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't just wear boxer briefs with no pants all the time. It'll be easier to cut you with broken bottles that way.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home