Monday, November 08, 2004

Singin' and such

At Chorale practice tonight we spent half and hour on four bars.

Half. An. Hour. On FOUR BARS!

It was a little frustrating, is what I'm saying. That's like two minutes for every second of music in that bit. If it was anything but the 9th Symphony, I would have thrown up my hands and left in exasperation. Well, I probably wouldn't have done that if it were the Brahms Requiem, either. Maybe.

Chorale is a weird part of my life because it's the thing I do that I don't share with anyone else. It's like a bizarre parallel dimension where everyone I know and spend time with normally does not exist. This season, almost everyone I knew in the group left. Corinne, Jenna, Rachel, Adam, Charlotte, all gone. Ann's still around, but I don't talk to her too much. I know some other people like Jenni and Vasil, but I'm not too close with them. I spend most of my breaks talking to Mabby, who I met through Jenna last season. Mabby has rapidly become one of my favorite people. Tonight she confessed that she was hopped up on allergy medication and that she probably wouldn't remember our conversation. And everything she said ignored most basic rules of grammar. She's a pip. And my ONLY FRIEND. At least in Parallel Chorale Dimension.

We're doing Beethoven's 9th with the Pasadena Symphony in December. If you're into that sort of thing, you should check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home