Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ode to Joy

So, Beethoven's Ninth this Saturday. That snuck right up on me. Time has no meaning to me. On the Symphony's website the chorus is listed as the combined choirs of Occidental College, so it might throw some people off to discover that 3/4 of the group set the age bar a wee big higher than college. But we sound very good, yes we do.

I'm excited, of course. Singing the Ninth at the Hollywood Bowl was easily one of the most memorable performances I've been involved in, and this one promises to be impressive, as well. I need to get my tails drycleaned. And also I must finally acknowledge that my tux pants are too short. Apparently I have grown a bit since I was eighteen and originally fitted for that tux. How will I let out my pants without the help of a tailor or anyone else who might even remotely know what they are doing? Why, therin lies the ADVENTURE!

I'll probably just pull the stiches out and use duct tape. You heard me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home