Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Work crush

Oh, grad school intern, even though you have a boyfriend and we've only exchanged maybe five words and you usually avoid eye contact with me, I really think it would work out between us. Seriously.

I was thinking about it, and I develop one of these flight-of-fancy, go-nowhere crushes whenever I change jobs. At Hy-Vee there was Adrienne and Lisa, at Worlds of Fun there was Stephanie, and I know there was someone at Patina, but I can't remember who it was. The Box Service Hostess? No, that was Mike. (By which I mean Mike was the one with a crush on the box service hostess, not that the box service hostess was Mike.) One of the servers, probably. And you know, even though it's been (God help me) 7 years since Hy-Vee, the thought of Adrienne stills makes me flustered. She just had the most heart-stoppingly beautiful face along with this dyed electric-red hair and, wow. Be still my heart. But anyway, I always have to get these crushes, like I won't be able to work properly without one. Unrequited love increases my productivity, apparently.

This has been part of a continuing series of posts entitled "Jeff Needs a Girlfriend." Let's hope they wrap up soon, eh? For all our sakes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I had a crush on the box services hostess *and* the server girl who had the Star Wars backpack. But I'm not sure if both were the same year.

-Mike-

5:35 PM  
Blogger McBean said...

I'm kind of jealous. I haven't worked with a crushable guy the newspaper in college and high school and the movie theatre when I was 17. But post-college jobs...Let's put it this way, if I was a lesbian, I'd have plenty of crush material. But since I graduated, I've worked with about two guys my age.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, at Patina Mike and I didn't actually work with anyone our age. We just looked out the window wistfully at the servers and box service hostesses. All the women we worked with were way older than us.

And this grad school intern just showed up recently. Before then it was slim pickings, indeed.

But I'm sorry your own choices have been so limited. It's always nice to have something to look at during the day.

Mike, what was the name of our boss at Patina? Ron? Rob? He was ridiculous. He was always looking at the younger girls and quoting Beavis and Butthead. It was like he stopped maturing in 1995.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home