Wednesday, January 05, 2005

They didn't blow it

After I already figured they would just give All-Star Batman and Robin to Jeph Loeb and wrote the book off in advance, it's now official that none other than Frank Miller is going to be writing the book, with Jim Lee penciling.

This is, of course, totally awesome. And it now means that everything I'm most looking forward to, comic-wise, in 2005 is DC stuff. Who would have thought?

Frank was bugging me the other day about what continuity these All-Star books take place in, and I confessed to not really knowing, since interviews from the creators have left it pretty vague. Robin is going to be Dick Grayson, so it's clearly not current continutity. It's all pretty nebulous, because I don't think anyone wants to say this is a specific alternate continuity, a la the Ultimate line. I think DC just wants uncluttered books that they can sell to new markets. And I don't blame them. I'm eager to see how these play books play out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

If DC were really smart they would make these books incredibly cheap, as well.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, I'm certainly in favor of it. Continuity just seems so intent on pissing me off, be it dismantling Morrison's X-Men stuff or turning Batman and Superman vs. President Luthor into an episode of "Superfriends." I just wish the damn stories would end. Otherwise Colossus is just gonna come back or Hal Jordan's going to be Green Lantern again. Cancel every book that didn't start within the last five years, that's what I say. You can include recent non-core X-Men spinoffs in there, too. Nobody needs a Rogue series.

Just think of it! 12 issues of Morrison/Quitely Superman that no one can ever dick with, dismantle, or disavow! That's just neat! And I bet it will have an ending!

Harumph, harumph, harumph.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home