Monday, March 21, 2005

Hmmm

Hmmmm, indeed.

I'm going to reserve snap judgements on this type of thing until I know more about it (I'll definitely buy it next week because, hey, 1 dollar for 80 pages), but I will say my skepticism is very high. It just strikes me that one will have to end up reading most of DC's output to follow this storyline. Of course, I'm sure the argement is that you won't HAVE to read all the titles and corresponding miniseries to know what's going on, but I just have a feeling that the proper context will be lost if you don't. I don't know if that makes any sense, or is even fair in the slightest, but that's my gut reaction.

Mostly I have this feeling because last week Leslie got both parts of the Wonder Woman/Flash crossover, and I found it seriously lacking. Basically Zoom and Cheetah team up, whale on Flash and Diana a bit, then leave. At the end you see them meet up with Wonder Woman villain Dr. Psycho, and there's the promise that they're up to something. How much you want to bet that ties into the upcoming "Villains United" miniseries rather than anything that's going to be happening in Flash or Wonder Woman? Quit wasting my time, massive company crossovers.

But maybe I'm wrong. Totally willing to admit if I'm wrong, here. But that's my gut reaction.

Oh, and I'm having similar fears about Marvel's upcoming "House of M" miniseries, too, before anyone thinks I'm just taking cheap potshots at DC. When I make cheap potshots at DC, I don't care who knows it.

Thanks goodness for Seven Soldiers. Fits nice and neat into its own little box, that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home