Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Thanks, City of Los Angeles!

So this morning my back right tire blew out.

I was leaving home, and about to get on the freeway and I thought "Car's handling a little funny." Then I was on the freeway and thought "Now it's a handling a LOT funny." Then I heard the oh-so-satisfying thumping and crunching of a tire being shredded to pieces. Fortunately I was already in the far right lane and there was a convenient spot to pull over. After calling into work (thanks, cell phone!) I began pulling out my tire-chaning implements from the trunk. I was a bit nervous, because I hadn't changed a tire in about, oh, 1 billion years, so I figured it was going to take awhile. Then I noticed that a white tow truck had pulled up behind me. I figured it was just some normal commercial tow truck who noticed I was out of commission and was hoping I'd need him to tow me somewhere. But no, it turned out it was one of those Metro tow trucks who totally operate for free! The guy helped me put on my spare tire and sent me merrily on my way in record time. I couldn't have been on the side of the road for more than half an hour, all told. I didn't even know this Metro tow truck service existed, but now I am all for it! Thanks, city of Los Angeles!

1 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

that sucks dude. that happened to me in that car once too back in mid-2003. Pretty scary- I had to cross 3 lanes of traffic, but it was late so it wasn't so busy.

I have AAA so if you are ever stranded you can call me because I get 4 free assists (jump start,7-mile tows $8 a mile after that I think, etc) a year and don't really need them because I have unlimited with my car's warranty.

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home