Monday, March 07, 2005

The old order changeth

So Nemesis died.

Ha! Just kidding. He's totally still alive. But Emory and Leslie did trade him in for a new cat. I know! Isn't that heartless? "You should have been friendlier, Nemesis! Back to the shelter with you!" Let that be a lesson to all those other cats. So now there's a new kitten in our house whose name is Odin. He's black and tan (but does not beat the Irish*) and is a kitten, so he hasn't wised up to hating us yet. He'll actually allow you to touch him or pick him up. He's also the scrawniest cat I've ever seen. But he's sweet.

"Get 'em while they're young" seems to be the lesson, here. Plus, Nemesis' swift removal should send a strong message to Pagan not to be such a goddamn pansy. The ol' cat switcheroo. Yessir.


*(Only historical joke I will ever make, so write that shit down)

7 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

Awww. That's kind of sad. Was he too out of control? Not lovable enough? I'm sure he's cute enough to find a new unsuspecting home.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I guess he wasn't friendly enough for Leslie and Emory's tastes.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was getting worse. He was reverting back to feral behavior. The shelter thought it would be a good idea for us to take him back.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^-Leslie

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

That is the story Leslie and Emory are sticking to. Clearly it is lies.

Odin, however, is the nicest kitty on earth. He will voluntarily leap into my lap, and this morning he hopped into my bed and curled himself up next to me to sleep. He luuuuuuuurves us!

9:27 AM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

it's just cuz he saw you taking back nemesis. He's trying to stay on your good side.

3:14 PM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

*I'm just giving you a hard time by the way. I totally understand not being compatible with certain animals.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home