Thursday, April 14, 2005

2005 Eisner Awards

Hey, kids! Here's a list of this year's Eisner awards nominees!

It's a really strong group this year. For example, I can't possibly be diappointed by the winner of Best Continuing Series. And there's only one clunker in Best Serialized Story (Hey, do you want to know how every Fables story goes? Things look bad, then Bigby Wolf sweeps in and solves everything!). Anyway, any awards list that gives lots of love to Brian K. Vaughn, Joss Whedon, John Cassady, Kyle Baker, The Goon, Planetary, and We3 is A-OK in my book. I like how Planetary finally qualified for Best Serialized Story since it had its first-ever two-part story arc. No love for Queen and Country, though, despite a Best Writer nod to Greg Rucka. Pity.

Looks like Whedon and co. have assumed the scant Marvel nominations once reserved for Bendis. That's what happens when you stop playing to your strengths, Bendis.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see that Kazu got nominated?

I'll give you a dollar not to use the phrase "secret boyfriend."

-L

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

How about you give me the fifty dollars you owe me? Then we'll talk.

But yes, I did notice that. It's awesome.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home