Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Go Bucky, go!

I am psyched to read Ed Brubaker's Captain America run, I'll tell you that much. I suppose it makes me look a bit bloodthirsty, linking to that article to express my excitement, but I really like the ideas Brubaker has and the thought he's put into it. Of COURSE Cap and Bucky killed guys. It was friggin' World War II! Anyway, the trade comes out this summer, I believe. I'm all over it.

Also, please, go buy Livewires. It's selling fuck all, but it's a blast. Seriously.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Oh, man. This is going to be so cool. I love Brubaker's un-PC Captain America. It's sad in a way that from time to time Marvel loses sight of Captain America's very basic nature: He's a soldier, he's patriotic, and he kills. That's it. That's really all there is to Cap.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on an unrelated note: http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/death-jr/539624p1.html?fromint=1

Who knew? Not me.

-Leslie

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh, yeah! I had heard about that, but had forgotten to tell you.

And thanks for getting the second issue of Shining Knight for me. Also, that new issue of Y: The Last Man is totally awesome.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it!

See, this is exactly what they shoulda done with Pyshconauts. Get some semi-well-known comics guy to do a series, option it for a movie, etc etc.

-L

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

"Are you sure you wouldn't like some soup? It's made of turles! TURTLES THAT YOU LOVE!"

That scene just slays me. I wanna make the Psychonauts movie so bad...

And to leave you with your happy thought for the day...

"Don't go in there! That's a bad place for bunnies!" (commence horrible meat grinding sounds)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home