Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What did the five fingers say to the face?

Emory got the second season of Chappelle's show on DVD, and damn, that's some funny shit. You'd think the Rick James bit would be old by now, but no, we were still busting up when we watched it. And I honestly chortle every time I think to myself, "Oh shit! It's Wayne Brady, son!" Some of the sketches have some problems, but Chappelle is often charasmatic enough to carry the day. But there's a bunch of great stuff. Remember when P. Diddy tells his reality show contestants to walk to Queens and get him a sugar cookie? Or Sam Jackson beer? Or the basketball game with Prince? These are bits that walk the earth as a comedy colossus. The show makes me smile. Hope he comes back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

"Oh shit! It's Wayne Brady, son!"

It's such a simple line, but it makes me laugh really hard, too. I'm also a huge fan of that scene where Chappelle-as-Rick James crawls away on the floor with broken legs.

My fave skit, from Season 2, however, is easily "Black Bush."

1:46 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

"Eddie can always buy another couch! What am I gonna do about my LEGS?"

Oh, and all the made up countries in his Coalition of the Willing...

2:38 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

That show is priceless. Wayne Brady is probably my favorite sketch.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

"Japan's gonna send Playstations. Riggedy-Rao's coming. Stankonia said they're gonna drop bombs over Baghdad."

I love it.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home