Monday, July 25, 2005

What's the catch?

Emory Netflixed the film version of Catch-22 this past weekend, and although I didn't think I would, I ended up watching the whole thing again.

The film, made by Mike Nichols and Buck Henry fresh off their triumph with The Graduate, was laregly derided by most everyone who saw it. I can say, even with Catch-22 probably being my favorite book ever, that I enjoy the movie very much. I can't possibly judge the movie properly, so ingrained is the book in my head, so I can't tell you if you'd enjoy it if you've never read the novel. But I can say that if you have read it, you should give the movie a shot. Check out who's in it!

Alan Arkin, Jon Voight, Martin Balsam, Buck Henry, Orson Welles, Charles Grodin, Art Garfunkel, Martin Sheen, Bob Balaban, Anthony Perkins, Bob Newhart. It's quite an assembly. Plus the film is beautifully shot and well-directed (although Nichols has confessed he was high the whole time), and damn funny, to boot. Give it a shot!

If you haven't read Catch-22, then I simply don't know what to do with you. Just rectify the problem immediately and notify me when you have. Then we can watch the movie!

PS - I want a sign that reads "What's good for M-M Enterprises is good for the NATION!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Totally haven't read it. Maybe that should be my next book.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

There's no "maybe" about it.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home