Monday, August 15, 2005

Santa Monica is my enemy

Confession time: I resent Santa Monica.

Going to school in Eagle Rock and then living in Glendale, there was never much motivation or opportunity to go to Santa Monica. But doing this stuff with Sight Unseen has meant going out there, again and again, week after week, and partaking of its wonders. It is a shining, rich utopia and I hate it. Everything is so clean and beautiful there! And it's right by the ocean! And its bars are many and varied! And it's so far away and expensive! And those who live there almost never want to leave its warm embrace! Stupid Santa Monica.

You know, the distance between my apartment and Santa Monica still isn't as far as my house in KC was from Frank's place. And I went there CONSTANTLY. But LA traffic is a million times worse. And gas costs a jillion dollars a gallon. It's all a matter of perspective, I guess.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And does Santa Monica really offer any pleasures that my house did not?

8:44 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I'm several friends removed from you two, but tabloid rumors have it that Frank's basement once had one of those "sex swing" thingies.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Right on both counts!

In Santa Monica, they have one on EVERY CORNER.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home