Thursday, November 10, 2005

My eyes are bleeding

All I did last night was watch television. All off the DVR, of course. Timeslots and commercials are for suckers.

Watched last night:

House
Family Guy
American Dad
The Boondocks
Top Model
Veronica Mars
Lost
My Name Is Earl
The Office
Threshold


Wow. Uh, that's a lot. I fast forwarded thorugh some of it (especially Lost), and I fell asleep for most of Threshold, but damn. Still, that's all my TV viewing for the week. Now I can run wild and free.

The Mars? Still great. And man, this season is DARK. They're bumping people off left and right. At least Cliff is back! Cliff always wins.

Lost is a lot easier to take when you can fast forward through large chunks of flashbacks/people walking through the jungle. Also, Lost totally pulled a Rising Stars (here's an entire episode about a character who is going to die so that you will hopefully feel bad when they die because we never bothered to develop her because we are not the best writers). Okay, really only the first half of that applies to Rising Stars.

There is no purer pleasure than Top Model on TV right now. Leslie's out of town, so I really missed being catty at the screen with her. Anyway, I'm rooting primarily for Kim, with Nicole second. Kim because she's a smartass, and Nicole because she is goofy and funny and pretty as hell (although she's about as sharp as a ball bearing). Bre is great in person, but her modeling sucks. Nik's a good model, but a nonentity. Jayla is increasingly awful, and Lisa is heinous personified. Kim beating Lisa at the acting challenge this week was pure satisfaction.

Boondocks was pretty funny. That show has a lot of potential, although Regina King still sounds too much like a girl.

And while I didn't watch it last night, I've started into the third season of Arrested Development. Still the funniest show on TV. Probably the funniest show in the last ten years (The Simpsons's best seasons are out of that range by now, right?). The ending of the latest episode? Where Charlize Theron left a note? Oh my God. I lost my shit. Just lost the hell out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yay for Kim & Nicole! Those are my picks too! And Lisa, what was up with that? No one should chose to pee in a diaper.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home