Monday, November 07, 2005

There are not enough drugs in the world...

...to fully comprehend Adult Swim's output these days. I think the shows are getting away from the genius/weird that was the norm for the later seasons of Space Ghost and early episodes of Aqua Teens, and heading towards the "doesn't make sense and is no longer funny" vibe that plagued later episodes of Sealab. The mandate for new material doesn't seem to be "funnier," it seems to be "the more fucked up it is, the more the college kids smoking weed while watching us will be delighted." Also, "the cruder the art style, the less money we have to spend."

12 oz. Mouse does have possibly the best title sequence on television, though.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Venture Brothers.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

Good call, Jiggidy Jeff. Adult Swim's original programming is nigh unwatchable these days. I haven't glanced in it's direction in many moons. I am still so pleased, though, that they air Futurama.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Boondocks was pretty good. Though I guess that doesn't really count as original to AS.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Got the Boondocks on my DVR. Hopefully it'll amuse me.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Speaking of Home Movies, Emory just downloaded the first two seasons of Dr. Katz. Pure BLISS.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home