Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Shopgirl

Remember all those movies I said I was going to see? Shopgirl was not one of them, but it's what I saw tonight. I'd meant to see it long ago, but circumstances prevented it. So my mom and I caught it tonight.

I liked it a lot. It's a quiet, simple story, and the film is handled deftly, and is often hilarious, especially Josh Schwartzman's early scenes. I'm sure a solid criticism could be made against the film, but I had a good time throughout, so who gives a damn? Hell, this movie might make my top 10 of 2005 in a squeaker, but then it's been that kind of year.

Oooh, now it's the Sports Night where Dan drunkenly slurs "Then you are my sworn enemy!" That's one of my all-time favorite lines.

3 Comments:

Blogger jenni_powell said...

Psst...it's Jason Schwartzman. Unless he's going by "Josh" now.

I only correct you because I LOVE HIM!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous prhead said...

I like Schwartzman in "Shopgirl" as well, although sometimes he seems as if his character has wandered in from a different movie.

11:01 AM  
Blogger speedofdark said...

that "oh, wait, this is a mint" scene was hilarious. Have to say though, creeped out by Martin. Get the sense he's kind of like that guy in reality. All in all, have better taste. happy times nog!
-m

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home