Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Shopgirl

Remember all those movies I said I was going to see? Shopgirl was not one of them, but it's what I saw tonight. I'd meant to see it long ago, but circumstances prevented it. So my mom and I caught it tonight.

I liked it a lot. It's a quiet, simple story, and the film is handled deftly, and is often hilarious, especially Josh Schwartzman's early scenes. I'm sure a solid criticism could be made against the film, but I had a good time throughout, so who gives a damn? Hell, this movie might make my top 10 of 2005 in a squeaker, but then it's been that kind of year.

Oooh, now it's the Sports Night where Dan drunkenly slurs "Then you are my sworn enemy!" That's one of my all-time favorite lines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Schwartzman in "Shopgirl" as well, although sometimes he seems as if his character has wandered in from a different movie.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home