Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pimping, and the difficulties thereof

Finally saw Hustle and Flow last night. It's a decent enough movie much-bolstered by a great lead performance by Terrence Howard. The DVD knew he was the goods, too, since the first several previews were for other movies he was in, no matter how small the role (Get Rich or Die Trying, Four Brothers). Of course, now I've got "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" stuck in my head. It won't leave, no matter how many times I listen to "We Used to Be Friends."

Did I ever talk about Four Brothers on here? It's stupid awesome. A fine guilty pleasure. Featuring all sorts of cool folks like the aforementioned Howard, Josh Charles, and Chiwetel! Chiwetel RULES.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post title, but you could take it just a little further; how about "On Pimping, and the Difficulties Inherent Therein"?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I would have spent more time on it, but I was distracted by a whole lotta bitches jumpin' ship.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading Chiwetel's IMDb page, to which you have linked, I can't help but notice that he is TOTALLY YOUNG. That dude's like five years older than us.

I guess we are sort of old.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home