Friday, March 09, 2007

Your weekend in movies

Sure, 300 will have two hours of dudes yelling and stabbing each other (since that's all the comic is, really, along with Miller's unique brand of macho posturing), but if you have the chance, the movie you should really check out this weekend is The Host. That movie's awesome. It's about a family of losers who reunite in order to save their only child from a horrible monster. Emory snagged an import of it from Drunken Master awhile ago, so I've already seen it, and I guarantee that it's a delight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hollywood said...

Does Llama School still have said copy? I read a review for "The Host" and it sounds pretty awesome. All it needed was your stamp of approval and now it's got that.

I'm poor, feed me DVD's.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Not sure if Emory still has it. He might have sold it in anticipation of an American release where the special features were in English (or at least had subtitles). Also, the copy he has/had probably requires a region-free DVD player. I'll look into it.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Hollywood said...

All I ask is that you give it your best shot. Thanks!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

He does indeed still have it, but it is a different region. So you'd have to watch it over here or on some other region-free DVD player.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Perhaps the region-free DVD player at my house? With me? I also very much want to see it.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home