Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Some things that happened during the weekend

Saturday night was the big masquerade party. Most everyone looked great and had cool masks. That's really about all I have to say about it.

During the day on Sunday Frank, Emory, Leslie and I went to Swingers for the most star-studded lunch ever, and then Frank had to go to some audition so the rest of us caught Ghost Rider at the Arclight. You know, it wasn't too bad. It didn't take itself very seriously and it seemed to acknowledge that a biker with a flaming skull for a head is equal parts awesome and retarded. And Nic Cage goofed it up for maximum enjoyability. Really, as far as comic book adaptations go, you could do worse.

Sunday night was Lisa's birthday, celebrated with Mexican food and bowling, two things I can really get behind. I bowled like crap during our first game and got all pissed about it, much to Laurel's amusement, but I did much better the second game, getting a turkey and generally just bowling better. Then they shut down the alley so I didn't get to finish my game. Whatever, bowling alley! But it was a good time and happy birthday to Lisa (since today is her real birthday). Now I really want to go bowling again.

Yesterday Frank and I stopped by Danny and Katherine's (my second visit there this weekend, since Laurel, Corinne, and I stopped by before Lisa's party). We watched King of Kong, which was an amazing Slamdance documentary about a guy trying to beat the world record for highest score on Donkey Kong. Should it ever come out theatrically or on DVD, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Then Frank went to work and Kim showed up and we played Double Dash and Super Mario Strikers. We also played with Danny and Katherine's adorable new pug puppy Waffles, who is a Cute Factory. Also she thinks my face is the world's most delicious thing.

Later on back at Llama School Laurel came over and we watched 24 (still awesome!) and finally caught Episode III, which lived up to the hype of being the best of the prequels while still being very bad. At least with that movie you could say "This idea was okay, but the excecution was bad," instead of "This idea was stupid from the get-go," like with the other two movies.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm.....puppy licks and your face are probably not the best combo....you REALLY don't want to know why. It's related to coprophagia, a nice word for nastyness, and worms....squiggly, crawley, tiny little worms.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Mama Loves Coffee said...

Coprophagia, schmoprophagia. Who doesn't eat poo?

11:39 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

A world where you can't let a puppy lick your face is a world not worth living in.

I also, y'know, washed my face afterwards.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home