Monday, October 25, 2004

I am incapable of learning

So we watched Super Size Me over the weekend, where the guy eats McDonald's and then gains a bunch of weight, vomits, generally ruins his health, etc.

So where do you think I went to eat for lunch today?

At the end of that movie I was thinking "Wow, how sobering. Maybe I should make a serious effort to change my diet for the better," and then this afternoon I was like "Mmmm, fries." It was like that Simpsons episode where Bart keeps grabbing the electrified cupcake. I know it's bad for me, but I must possess it.

At lunch today I also saw this girl walking through the mall who had obviously just ended her shift at Hot Dog on a Stick. You know, that mall chain that makes its employees dress in these hideous, brightly-colored, striped outfits with big doofy hats, as if it wasn't humiliating enough to work for a place called "Hot Dog on a Stick?" Anyway, this girl was walking through the mall, and had covered her hideous outfit with this big jacket, but she had left on the hat. So it just looked like she was wearing the hat deliberately, as a fashion statement. That is so punk.

If it were me, I would have taken the hat off, is what I'm saying.

4 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

After I saw Supersize me, I immediately went and got a Big Mac. i hadn't really eaten very many for several years, even though I used to love them. Well, after watching that movie while hungry it was the most delicious thing I'd ever had. And ever since I eat at McDonalds a lot more. So i kind of curse that movie for bringing me back to the Big Mac.

But it's a good movie. And Big Macs are delicious.... i know what I'm eating when I get out of work.

No! i have pizza dough at home. I'm making calzones.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

For dinner tonight? Burger King.

I will be dead in a year.

12:25 AM  
Blogger McBean said...

I think that movie only gets you to stop eating McDonalds if you hate it to begin with. We're all conditioned to eat it even if medical professionals tell us we will die if we don't stop. I hate everything at McDonalds except their ice cream.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I think it would take several months in a deprevation tank to break me of my McDonald's habit. Possibly electroshock would have to be introduced, I don't know.

I was mostly disappointed in how the meal I ate after I saw that movie was at McDonald's. Mmmmmm, fries.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home