Thursday, October 21, 2004

Of sharks and Kentucky

McKenna asked me why the hell my blog URL was Old Kentucky Shark. Fair question. I will provide an answer. Although I bet 90% of the people who read this understand the reference perfectly. But for the two of you who don't, here it is!

Um, it's a Space Ghost Coast to Coast episode, you see, where Space Ghost start promoting a whiskey called Old Kentucky Shark, and there's a big shark flopped out in front of his desk...

You kind of have to see it. It's really funny, I promise. One of the best-ever Space Ghosts.

So why didn't I name my blog after me real name or some cute nickname I have? Well, first of all, I don't have any nicknames, unless you coun't people using my last name, like "Stone," or "Stoney," or "Stoner," or, if you want me to punch you in the junk, "Stoner Boner." BO-RING! Plus I bet all those names have already been used. By like, stoners. Or boners.

I guess I do have some nicknames. This kid Ian calls me Stretch. He's a bit of a dick, though. One of my co-workers calls me Sparky. She's a woman in her late 30s, early 40s and one day she just started calling me Sparky. Dont' look at me. I can't explain it.

Um, where was I?

FUN FACT! (See: desperation at realization that post was neither funny nor interesting) I tried to have my hotmail account be oldkentuckyshark@hotmail.com, but apparently there were already a jillion people using it, considering the length of the number they suggested I use instead. So I decided to have my email be about ninjas.

Man, that wasn't fun at all! It was factual, though. True story. True, boring story.

I promise I'll come up with something better soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home