Sunday, October 24, 2004

Tales from the weekend

Not much to tell, really. The Mayday 24-hour Filmfest went off without a hitch, with the film I was in picking up some stuff. And by "some stuff," I mean Trumbo was one of the best actor winners. But the movie was well-received, it seemed, so that's good. I was really pleased how it turned out, even though we had to cut the Philosobees for time. Poor bees. But hey, at least the film made a certain amount of sense. Sort of.

Um, not much else happened. One potentially awkward dialogue turned out quite well, I think. And the other one still hasn't taken place, so we all have that to look forward to. Ian and Jessica (of all people) called me a few hours ago, encouraging me to come to this girl Courtney's birthday party tonight. These are all kids I was in that play with awhile ago, and Courtney was the one who couldn't remember my name after four weeks of rehearsal. Keep in mind that there were only five cast members. So no, I wasn't particularly chomping at the bit to go to an expensive bar full of mostly people I don't know, and the few people I do know I don't know particularly well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, this is Jenni. I'm feelin' ya on the not going to the "expensive bar". Jessica called me too and gave me a really hard time about not going. Um, yeah, like my living in another city two hours away AND the fact that I had to work was not a good enough excuse...sheesh.

By the way, I'm going to the "expensive bar" next Sunday...so go and stuff. Cause you know me and I learned your name real fast.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I can't make any promises as to my weekend activities right now, but I will certainly consider it. I might be up Hollywood way, but we'll see.

And kudos for learning my name so quickly.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home