Monday, December 20, 2004

Adventures in basic cable

I'm in Missouri! No HBO here! At least, y'know, not at my parents' house.

40 Days and 40 Nights was on Comedy Central tonight. That movie? Not the biggest fan of women.

Speaking of things that are not the biggest fan of women (zingaroo!) I'm watching a season 1 episode of West Wing. I'd forgotten how much I intially enjoyed this show. It's the episode "Let Bartlet Be Bartlet." This first season, where they're floundering around, afraid to stick to their principles, getting kicked around by everyone? That's some good stuff. I think the series really went astray when it was so focused in season 3 on Barlett's re-election. I mean, we know he's going to win. Of course he's going to win! He's won Emmys and stuff! No drama there. And then the show got more and more centrist, and what the hell is the point of that? If I'm going to watch a TV show about a fictional President, I'd like him to be Magical Liberal Fantasy President, not Realistic Mushball Middle President. That's just depressing.

What a weird idea that Grown-Up Rugrats series is. I think Nickelodeon should follow them through their whole lives. It would like the animated equivalent of the 7 Up movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home