Thursday, December 16, 2004

Identity Crisis

Well... um, that was a bit of a letdown, eh? Yeah, a bit of a letdown. I'd expound a bit more, but I'll let Alex and Asa tell you their thoughts. They're the DC boys 'round these parts. But yeah, more of a letdown the more I think about it.

The thing that really bugs me is that this is just fuel for the fire of all those IC haters who just hated the idea of messing with long-standing characters more than the actual story itself. Now they can claim the story's a disappointment (or, if you listen to the messageboards, a basic affront to all that is good and decent in this world). Petty as it may be, giving those people a foothold really ikrs me. Thanks, Meltzer.

I'm working on a post about "fun" comics these days. Expect it, um, someday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

JSA is just an incredibly fun comic. Tonally, it's like a comic book version of Star Trek: I-VI. Old characters that we still love, big stories, broad characterizations and morals (growing old, obsolecence, setting old wrongs right, etc.), and a love and respect for continuity. Best of all, the Society actually fights and learns as an honest-to-goodness team - a rarity in DCU books (well, before Teen Titans anyway).

3:18 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Agreed. JSA would definitely be on my list. I've only read the trades, but I've really enjoyed them. I can't wait for the Black Reign trade, based on you and Asa's love for it.

This post is coming. In the future. When I am back in KC (starting tomorrow), I will have nothing but time. Time that I will devote to writing about comics.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home