Thursday, August 25, 2005

Scary Go Round

I'm not sure how to go about encouring y'all to read Scary Go Round. Its charms are many, certainly, and the art is quite striking, but it's a difficult strip to jump into right off. It's a serial, unlike most of the webcomics I read, and it's not very concerned with setup and punchlines. I can tell you that it has dialogue like this:

"There's something about you, Fallon, encourages a man to behave like logic's most hated enemy."
"It is my good manners and the insane wiggle when I walk."

Or this:

"He laughed so hard that he hurt himself!"
"How?"
"I punched him a'midships for his impertinence."

So perhaps you shall enjoy it. You can start from the beginning, or if you want a fairly brief sample, you can try the chapter entitled "Bulgaria", and if the sight of the baby vampire wrapped in a sheet like a bad cat doesn't sell you, I don't know what else will.

Did I mention it's British? It's British.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home