Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I admit when I am wrong

Some time ago, back when Scott Pilgrim Vol. 2 came out, I happily noted the Monkey Island reference therin, specifically "How appropriate, you fight like a cow." But when Frank read it, he maintained that Scott yelling "I am rubber, you are glue" to Wallace was a Monkey Island reference, too. I thought that was stretching a bit.

I was wrong.
The bit where the panels get smaller and smaller was something I sort of saw in a manga one time and wanted to put to my own use. If you can’t read the very last one, he’s saying “I am rubber, you are glue” which is (apart from a generic comeback) kind of a Monkey Island thing.
So there it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record, Toronto is totally like it's described in those books. I fear entering Honest Ed's everyday.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home