Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I am becoming a hobo

Right before your very eyes!

My clothes are disentegrating. In the case of the shirt I am wearing, that is a literal truth. Earlier today I noticed that there were several blotches of discoloration down near the bottom of my shirt. They weren't stains, really. It looked like the dark green of my shirt had lost its pigmentation and had turned into this sort of washed-out gray. And where it had lost its color, several small tears had opened up. While I was inspecting them, I noticed that the cloth had cocome very brittle and easy to tear. I opened up another small hole in my shirt with the minimum of pressure. Whatever stained my shirt also weakened the material so that the slightest contact rips the affected spots to shreds. I have now returned from lunch and the biggest spot has mostly become frayed threads.

To top it all off, while I was at lunch I noticed my zip-up sweatshirt also had a large hole in it. Normal wear-and-tear seems to be the culprit, rather than some unkown corrosive.

I don't have an explanation for what's going on with my shirt. Although just yesterday it was in the back seat of the car, right by the old car battery I'm keeping back there until I find the will to return it to Auto Zone.

The very old car battery. Full of HORRIBLE ACID.

I think I'm going to go wash my hands...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home