Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My favorite comic writer

Grant Morrison has become my favorite comic writer. I may as well admit it. It's not just that his comics kick ass (they do), or that he wrote conceivably the best X-Men run ever (it was), but he gives great interviews. I mean, in conventional terms, Morrison is completely batshit crazy. But how can you not love a man who says things like this?
I've spoken to everyone else I used to admire only to discover that the majority of them are graceless, bitter horrors, who hate everyone younger than they are. I've discovered to my cost that it's best to choose your heroes carefully. Luckily for my own readers, I'm an excellent role model - fit, healthy, intelligent, well-adjusted, well-hung, and always open to new ideas.

He's also one of the few writers out there willing to create challenging comic books, but what can I say? The man's a charmer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

The thing about people who can't manage the difference between "your" and "you're" is that the contraction "you're" must not exist in their world. You just know they're not going around typing "You're mother sucks balls" or whatever.

I have gone back and forth about making the blog "public," as it were, as in "able to be seen on blooger.com," but I think this comment proves that keeping it public means that the comedy implications are VIRTUALLY LIMITLESS.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Seriously guys, you should check out this guy's blog. Just click on his name up there and follow the profile magic. It honestly must be seen to be believed. (But then what did I expect from someone who's handle is "The Bone"?)

10:54 PM  
Blogger -Laurel- said...

Dude, I know! I bet he's really some geeky guy who's pretending to be this ultra-misogynistic lady-killer online. I find it hard to believe this guy is serious.

11:00 PM  
Blogger McBean said...

OH MY GOD! It's the guy who lived next door to me throughout most of college who kept a gun under his pillow and a confederate flag on the wall despite the fact that his roommate was an African-American.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home