Sunday, January 23, 2005

Simpsons season 5

It's just the best thing that ever happened. To be more specific, it is the funniest season of TV that has ever existed. Looking over the episode list, I thought "Hey, these are good episodes!" but now that I'm actually watching them, episodes that I didn't remember that well turn out to have some of my favorite lines or gags ever. When I think fondly of The Simpsons, they're the lines I think about. Some examples:

"Mmmm, sacrilicious."
"Done and done. And I mean done."
"I'm cold and there are wolves after me."
"I'll bash you good!"
"(gasp) TRAMAMPOLINE!"
"Bart, I don't want you to be alarmed, but there may be a Boogeyman or Boogeymen in the house!"
"Are you going to release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouths so when they bark the shoot bees at you?"
"20 dollars can buy many peanuts!"
"Return to your homes and places of businesses."
"I call him Gamblor, and I will snatch your mother from his neon claws!"
"Don't praise the machine."
"Oh my God! It just disappeared! It's a ghost car!"
"This bird's gonna fly!"
"Aw, they were just gonna show some closeups of the rod."
"No one who speaks German could be an evil man!"
"Oooh, a head bag! It's full of... heady goodness."

And on and on and on.

It's really dear to me, is what I'm saying.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also from season 5, off the top of my head:

Sit perfectly still. Only I may dance.
That wasn't the wallet inspector!
Your manager says for you to shut up!
Let's go crazy, Broadway style!
I'm directly under the Earth's sun... now.
That's German for "The Bart, The."
Say chowdah!
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place in organized religion!
See, black guys drive a car like this.
It seems that the cat has been caught by the very person who was trying to catch him.
We like Roy! We like Roy!
Ah... your flesh-mother used to bring me pudding.
Blabbermouth, the Jerky Doll for Jerks!
Now whar's me toothpick?
That wasn't part of the deal, Blackheart! That wasn't part!
You will be called "Stitchface."
They'll clog the instruments!
Well, open up the "stick with your wife" barrel.
Damn you, paparazzo!
That's right money. Your money's happiness is all that moneys.
Now let's go back to that building thingy, where our beds and TV... is.

- Mike
B'oh!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Hear, hear!

I deliberately left out all lines from "Homer Goes to College," since it's probably my favorite episode of all time, and each line is a glittering gem of comedy excellence.

"Hey buddy, did you get a load of the NERD?"
"Hello, Dean? You're a stupid head!"
"If anyone wants to jam, I used to play bass for The Pretenders."
"Everyone! The punch has been spiked! But your parents have been called and they'll be here to pick you up shortly."
"Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger."
"And then I was slain by an elf."
"Curly. Straight. Curly. Straight."
"Hell-o, that sounded like a pig fainting."

And on and on and on. I was worried that time would degrade my appreciation for these episodes, but they are as great as ever. Or greater, considering what came after.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Jenni, SERIOUSLY. Seasons 4 and 5. And maybe some of 6, but I don't remember what episodes are in that one.

"Lunchlady Doris, do ye have any grease?"
"Yes. Yes we do."
"Then grease me up, woman!"
"...Okeedokey."

Okay, I'm done.

"Come back here! I'm not through demeaning you!"

Okay, NOW I'm done.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

"Gentlemen, in one way, you're both winners. But, in another, more accurate way, Barney's the winner."

"Ants, huh? We had an ant problem at the vineyard one year. Art Garfunkle came over with his compressor and we created a total vacuum outside the house to blow the ants out the door."

"Hey...don't jerk me around -- fella!"

"Wuzzle-wuzzle? Is that what passes for comedy these days? Woozzle-wuzzle?"

"Poor little buttercup, poor little buttercup..."

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home