Monday, May 23, 2005

The good times are killing me

I've been busy as hell this whole week, and this weekend was no exception. Busy, but extremely satisfying.

There was a moment at dinner on Saturday, where I looked around at Whitney, Nell, Frank, Paul, Darren, and Amy, some of whom I had known for years, some just for weeks, and some I had just met, and we were all talking and laughing and drinking wine and eating pasta, and somewhere in me there was just this sigh of contentment, like "Yes. This is All Right." It felt like in that particular time and place, everything was going the way it ought to be going.

Not to get all flowery on you, but it was a nice moment.

Suffice to say, Forget My Chrome Embrace went up this weekend, and the reception was really great. There comes a point in doing any play where you forget so much of it's supposed to be funny, and you figure no one will laugh or enjoy it, but last night put all those fears to rest. I guess Frank and Paul will be cutting some stuff out this week (the play's running long), and we'll actually have sound cues in the future, but if all shows run as well as this weekend's did, then that'll be very nice, I think.

Anyway, I'm just wiped. The past week has been awesome, but draining. It's nice that I have a few days before we have to do anything play-related again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home