Friday, July 29, 2005

Lucidity

The Lucid Sound reading went better than I could have hoped. We all had a blast doing it, and I personally freed myself up a bit and tried a few new things in front of the audience. Everyone seemed to enjoy it quite a bit, so that was always nice. And it was great working with Clark, Cassidy, Brooke, Michael, and Jason, none of whom I'd acted with before. And Sam's a pretty good director, I guess, but don't tell him I said that. The consensus I got after the show is that the kids cannot get enough Jean-Jean.

Of course I've had Andy's music stuck in my head all day. But that's all right. I really liked that music!

After the reception thingy I, along with Paul, Nell, Brooke, and several of Brooke's friends went to Renee's around the corner. It was hot and noisy and kind of awful, but Nell and Brooke are charming enough company that it was pretty bearable. And Brooke's friends were nice. Brooke ended up relating this conversation she'd had with her boyfriend Ben about me that ended up being one of the nicer compliments I've received in recent memory. It was sweet. And it's great that Nell's back from PA, because she's pretty awesome.

All in all, an extremely successful evening. If you're reading this and you came out, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home