Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Another reason that everything's awesome in 2006? I'm rich.

I mentioned the security deposit coming back, but it's 'round this time of year that we do our yearly employee review here at my company, and the completion of that cycle means two things: a bonus and a raise. Gone will be the dark days of my destitution, which took place just, say, six weeks ago. It's a bit of a turnaround for me. Time to spluge on shit! I'm going to frame a few of my posters, for a start, including my old Art Adams X-Men poster circa 1987 - the one with pre-Asian Psylocke, punk Storm, Longshot, Dazzler, X-Factor in the background... SHUT UP IT'S AWESOME! I'm also going to get a new copy of the original Fargo theatrical poster. I used to have one but it vanished at home somewhere.

I'm still putting my room together and I'm really enjoying it. I just never got my shit together in Glendale, what with being poor, general laziness, and an overall feeling of malaise. Now I'm taking delight in hanging up all of my clothes. Like, "I finally have enough quarters to do all of my laundry! And enough hangers to hang everything up! This is AWESOME!" In short, this move has really afforded me the opportunity to not have a room that resembles a 10 year-old's. Celebramos!

Last night Paul and Mike came over to watch MST3K and Unleashed. Unleashed was a damn fine time, with an alarmingly charming Jet Li in the lead. I know! Who'd have thought I'd ever find Jet Li charming? Anyway, folks come over all the time now since we live close to them and everything's awesome.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! You should get some sheets!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you mean the Fargo poster with Steve Buscemi stumbling towards the half-buried suitcase in the snow while holding his freshly-shot cheek in place? I love that poster.

Also I'll probably forget to read your response to this so never mind.

Man, I wish *I* had some quarters.

Mike

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Leslie - But I like the sheets I have now...

Mike - I mean the original theatrical Fargo poster with the body lying in the snow and the overturned car, only the whole thing is cross-stiched. I love that crap.

I only have quarters because I went to the bank and got 10 bucks worth. And they're already almost gone.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you don't have "sheets." You have "sheet." And it probably hasn't even been washed since the last time Emory and I traded fluids on it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I don't need anything other than my comforter. It's how I prefer it.

I've washed them at least once, so your fluids should be gone, unless you've been doing it in my bed while I'm not around.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home