Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Home

We had a gaggle of guests at our place on Sunday, the first serious social event at our new place. Since Leslie's return, the kitchen has been put in order, and its coat of paint has been completed. The living room is still a bit cluttered (our new DVD shelf won't arrive until late this month), but we still managed to fit nine people around our coffee table to play board games. Then we watched Roadhouse, except Liz fell asleep. Boo.

Leslie hung most of the art in the living room this weekend. The television is framed with robots (including the watercolor Darren did for me at the end of Chrome Embrace), with a dash of Batman and David Mack. It's swell. (Hey, are we going to find a place for "Magneto Was Right"?)

I also managed to get Frank's (or should I say Jess'?) chest of drawers over, thanks to McKenna's spacious Element, so my wayward clothes have a home, as well as much of my random bric-a-brac (that's what I wrote on the box). In fact, all of the boxes in my room are now empty, and if I hadn't passed out last night (I awoke at 6 AM, fully-clothed, lights still on, alarm blaring) I would have broken down the boxes and finally rid my room of them.

Yes, it's all coming together.

9 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Your home is truly marvelous. I mean, your art deco mantle! It's so suave!

And you throw down a gauntlet, sir, and I am up for the challenge. Most nights of the week, anyways.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Well, the whole thing started because Adam, Liz, and Mike called US. And then, yes, I called Paul, but I always call Paul, and he brought over Aimee and Liz and that felt like just as many people as the apartment could bear.

So yes, we didn't call you because we were purposely excluding you because you smell and stuff. There, I said it.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, where IS "magneto was right?"

And... yeah, I dunno where we'll put it. I kinda forgot about it.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I don't know wher it is. One of our cars, still?

I suppose we could hang it in my room, since I'm sure I'll have space. Then again, I don't want to look like too much of a nerd to all the ladies that will want to make out with my after seeing my totally swank apartment.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm with jenni--- my phone was mysteriously silent too. hmmmmm. i see how it is....

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Listen, I can't help how many of you smell bad, okay? That is totally your thing to deal with.

Love, Jeff

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah. that was.....harsh.
i am rethinking our friendster status.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incidentally, you should say "Jess's," because that's how grammar works.

You're an editor!

I think you guys should work real hard to find room for Magneto in your own apartment. But if it doesn't work out, I could take it on loan for my own room. I won't make time with ladies who don't have time for my mutant supremacism. There. I said it.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I'm glad you felt the "Jess's" thing was such an important issue that you brought it up here AND at dinner last night.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home