Friday, April 28, 2006

Comics for me

I'm pleased to report that Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #4 is all anyone could want from a comic book, as long as what you want from a comic book is Frankenstein throwing down with a malevolent, sentient universe.

Now there might be some spoilers.

There's also some interesting dovetailing with Infinite Crisis, and I'm curious how Seven Soldiers #1 will fit in with that series. Certainly Hurricane Gloriana is happening at the same time as the Crisis, but then some of the Soldiers have also shown up in that series, taking on the Society. Of course, recent Soldiers issues have seemed to deliberately strip Gloriana of her top leuteniants and firepower, so I'm unsure what sort of threat the Sheeda still pose. Perhaps SS #1 will fall between issues of Crisis. That would certainly fit the series's theme of characters who have fallen between the cracks.

Speaking of Infinite Crisis, I wasn't much interested in heroes fighting Alexander Luthor's giant hands (just like at the end of Starfox!) or Superboy Prime going nuts (while dressed as the Anti-Monitor for that extra dash of stupid), but if the cover is any indication, I'm going to have to buy the last issue. I mean, how can I pass on the heroes and the Society in an all-out war? That's the kind of shit I wanted to see from this series.

2 Comments:

Blogger hiroshi ryan said...

personally, I've been enjoying the Infinite Crisis series. It SO much better than the piece of crap that was Marvel's House of M. I just don't know about the "one year later" idea. Didn't Bendis do that in Daredevil recently?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, Infinite Crisis is more successful than House of M, certainly, but when you've got your heroes fighting a giant pair of hands, then you've pretty much broken the goofy meter.

The "One Year Later" in Daredevil is where Bendis finally went off the rails in that title, so we'll see how DC does with it.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home