Friday, June 03, 2005

"Home? Is run no more."

I've been working here the last several minutes, sorting out in my head how exactly I am going to tell you how good We3 is while still maintaining some shred of my dignity. It does not seem particularly dignified, for example, to admit that I got misty-eyed while reading the just-released collected edition last night (re-reading, really, since I have all the individual issues). Or that I got misty-eyed again thinking about parts of it just now. Or that I get chills down my spine whenever I think of the moment in chapter 3 when Animal Weapon 1 (the dog) has occasion to say "Gud 2! 1 protect!", which makes no damn sense if you haven't read it, but will fill your heart with song when you do.

So let's just say that We3 is one of my favorite things ever, and leave it at that.

If you do read it (and I can't stress enough that it should be a matter of "when" you read it, not "if"), be sure to take your time and read carefully. The minimal dialogue is deceptive. The panels are packed with information that is vital to appreciate the story. A careful reading can make all the difference in the world, as Randy over at The Fourth Rail can no doubt attest.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got the collection? Time to go rummage through your room.
-L

3:26 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Time to tell you that it's in my backpack in my car, SUCKA!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goddamn the impenetrable disarray of your room!
-L

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Did you go the comic store yesterday? The 2nd Gotham Central trade finally came out and I WANT TO READ THAT SHIT.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, but we'll get it next time we're there.
-L

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING ALL DAY IF NOT BUYING COMICS? I ask you.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We3 is beeyooooootyful. I want it in a giant-sized Big Damn Hard Boiled-style edition.

Those lost pet posters made me sniffle.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap dude!

Darkhorizons.com has a report that Grant Morrison is in negotiations with New Line to make We3 into a movie. Hoo boy.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home