Friday, June 03, 2005

Thursday is the new Friday

It's been a long time since I've been out 'til a truly ridiculous hour on a weeknight.

The show last night went really well, I thought. At least on my end. Nell and Darren thought it sucked big time. But whatever, it was Thursday. The audience seemed to like it.

Afterwards Paul, Nell, Darren, and I had Thai food with Darren's friend Paul, who regaled us with fascinating stories of living in both South Africa (where he's from) and Los Angeles in the 70's and early 80's. TRULY BIZARRE "WOW, WHAT A SMALL WORLD" CONNECTION: Paul's roomate at university was the step-father of this girl that Paul and I went to gradeschool with. Discovering that was too weird for words. Anyway, that guy was fascinating.

Afterwards (at about 12:15 AM), Paul, Nell, and I headed to Father's Office (yet again; that place is really growing on me) to meet Whitney, Brooke, Ben, and Clark. We made it just in time for last call! Nell can down a beer with alarming speed. They were closing up and Nell still had about 4/5 of her beer left, and she started drinking, and in the time it took me to glance at Paul and then glance back at her, it was gone. Nice one. Remind me never to match drinks with her. It'll be like Jess all over again, except this time I'll probably die.

So now it's 1? 1:30? I don't even know. So rather than go home, like one who has to work at 8AM should, I consent to go to Nell, Whitney, and Brooke's place and drink SOME MORE. Brilliant. Ended up staying 'til about 2:30. Got home around 3:15.

And I'm fine! No trouble waking up this morning or anything. Apparently my body will allow me the occasional night of debauchery.

1 Comments:

Blogger -Laurel- said...

It's the magic of Thursday night partying.

Thursday night parties are the best!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home